Centrale Open 2016
In 2016 the Centrale Paris Debating Club organized a new edition of the Centrale Open (formerly Centrale IV). It took place at the École Centrale Paris on the 9th and 10st December.
Team cap: 40
CA team: Harish Natarajan, Sella Nevo, Sharmila Parmanand.
- R1: THBT states should ban the positive depictions of former oppressive leaders.
- R2: THBT when allocating resources to their children, poor families should allocate most of their resources to support the most talented child in the family.
- R3: Info slide: An Artificial Intelligence machine (such as a robot) passes the “Extended Turing Test” if through extended conversation a human being cannot distinguish between the machine and an actual human.
THW grant human rights to any machine that passes the “Extended Turing Test”.
- R4: THBT African-American parents should teach their children to distrust and avoid contact with the police.
- R5: THW bail out failing established newspapers.
- Semis: THW use the inquisitorial system in the criminal justice system (as opposed to the adversarial one).
- Novice Final: THW oppose human immortality.
- Open Final: THBT the Democratic Party should take on a much more centre-leftist position and support a mass redistribution of wealth agenda.