Paris Open 2017
Télécom ParisTech hosted the 2017 edition of Paris Open the 12th and 13th May.
Org Com: David Jia, Ilyass El Mansouri, Claire Mayer, Sarina Sangha, Régis Gourdel, Dina Baiche, Marlyse Lissan, Olga Kiav, Pierre Charles Paret, Florent Wijanto.
CA team: Dan Lahav, Michael Dunn Goekjian, Sophie Large.
IA: Sella Nevo, Tom Manor, Srishti Krishnamoorthy-Cavell, Raffy Marshall, Michael Shapira, Harish Natarajan, Nika Jelendorf, Ioana Branga-Peicu, Fergus.
You can find the tab at here.
- R1: THBT Pope Francis should support allowing the ordination of women to the priesthood.
- R2: THBT France should introduce significant financial incentives for companies and individuals, currently based in Paris, to relocate to other French cities.
- R3: THS popular culture that portrays the primary cause of the subprime crisis as the greed of bankers, rather than as a failure of a complex system.
- R4: Info slide: Resident Evil is a machine with the capacity to show humans whether, and under what circumstances, they would deviate from moral behaviour. The machine is a simulator generating (increasingly) intense experiences aimed to test whether the individual connected would break and kill, steal, betray their friends, etc. While connected the experiences feel real, and results are publicly accessible after.
THP a world in which the Resident Evil test exists and is taken by all.
- R5: THW Allow Jury Nullification*.
*an acquittal of a defendant on the grounds of the jury finding the law that the defendant has been charged with breaking unjust in general or in this particular case, even though the members of the jury believe the defendant to be guilty of the charges.
- Open Semi:
- ESL Final: TH supports state attempts to help their citizens find and sustain love (e.g. subsidizing subscriptions to matching agencies such as match.com, significant funding for research on what makes a relationship last, creating courses on how to woo and keep a spouse).
- Open Final: