UDP Open 2019
Paris VI University hosted the second edition of UDP Open the 2nd and 3rd February 2019.
- Team cap: 32.
- CA Team: Sarah Tay, Benji Kalman and Antonio Fabregat.
- Org com: Mehdi Tomas, Marlyse Lissan, Sarina Singh, Eugénie Kotelnikova, Sui Guo, Nawa Hachem and Benjamin Le Bigot.
You can find the tab at here.
- R1: THBT European countries should change school syllabuses to disproportionally emphasis Arab and Islamic contributions to European culture.
- R2: THW hold the Catholic Church legally responsible for sexual abuse, harrasment and grooming committed by clergy members.
Info slide: Boycott, divestment and sanction (BDS) is a global campaign promoting various forms of boycott against Israel until it agees to withdraw from the occupied territories, remove the separation barrier in the West Bank, grant full equality for Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel, and expand the right of return to Palestinians.
THBT the BDS movement reduces the likelihood of a two state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- R4: Given the technology was available, THW allow the sale of personality traits and characteristics (such as IQ, musicality and determination).
Info slide: Nicolàs Maduro is the current president of Venezuela. On 23 January 2019, the President of the National Assembly and the leader of opposition Juan Guaidó, declared himself interim President.
THW grant Maduro and main officials of the Venezuelan regime amnesty in exchange for handing power over to Juan Guadio.
Info slide: Les Emergents is a political party founded by Jacline Mouraud, one of the early instigators of the Yellow Vest movement which plans to run for office in the established political structures in the European and French parliaments.
TH as a Yellow Vest, supports attempts by Les Emergents to run for elections in European and French elections.